Monday, October 24, 2011

What's for dinner? Pork Loin

Looked in the freezer last night to decide what would I plan to cook for Monday night supper. Pork loin jumped out to me. I have several tried and true pork loin recipes but decided I wanted a slow cooker recipe. So off to my friendly Google Search and I found Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Because my to do list is long today I haven't checked out the site fully but plan to do so tonight as my husband watches the world series.

The recipe I am trying is Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin for the Slow Cooker.

Pork:

2 pound boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of large fat pockets

1 teaspoon ground sage

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 clove garlic, finely minced or crushed

1/2 cup water


Glaze:

1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

1/2 cup water

2 tablespoons soy sauce


In a small bowl, combine the sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub the spices all over the roast. Place the pork roast in the slow cooker and pour in the 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Near the end of the cooking time for the roast, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce and let the mixture simmer, stirring occasionally, until it thickens.


Remove the pork from the slow cooker, shred and place on a platter or plate. Drizzle the glaze over the pork and serve.

I'll give my husband's thumbs up or down tonight, as well as info on Mel's.

No comments: