Friday, November 18, 2011

Roasted Kohlrabi

At our local CSA use to call this the space ship vegetable. I've missed it so when I found it at our local Meijer I bought a bunch. Many people eat it raw bu I have not been of a fan of it that way. But I do like it roasted. Here is my simple recipe, variations are all over the web, but this one came from "A Veggie Venture".

1 1/2 lb. fresh kohlrabi, ends trimmed, thick skin sliced off and diced
1 T. olive oil
1 T. garlic ( I actually used 2 cloves of garlic minced in my Garlic Zoom).
Salt

Set oven to 450 degrees. Toss the diced kohlrabi with olive oil, garlic and salt in a bowl. ( I actually did it in a Ziploc bag). Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and put into oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring every five minutes after about 20 minutes.

Veggie Venture recommends to sprinkle with a good vinegar, but we just eat it plain.

No comments: